Oxford 76FIRE002 1:76 TK Fire Northamptonshire
Launched in 1959 to replace the Bedford S type, the Beford TK had many body derivatives one of which was a fire engine. This TK is based on a Carmichael body. The Northamptonshire Fire Brigade and the separate Northampton Borough Fire Brigade were created in 1948 by the Fire Services Act 1947. In 1974 the two were merged to create the present service - the Northamptonshire Fire & Rescue Service - which has 22 stations, 5 of which are full time, two are day crewed, and the remainder are retained. This TK was used at the Mopulton depot and bears that name on the doors.