Oxford 76DOR004 1:76 Dorchester ACV 'Max' Rommel Germany 1941
The ACV was a series of British command vehicles built from 1941 to 1948, primarily for use during World War II. Only 415 were produced and the vehicles were armed with a .303 Bren light machine gun, carried inside. Their first deployment was in North Africa and this model represents one of three ACVs that were captured by the German Afrika Korps under the direction of Field Marshall Erwin Rommel. Two were named ‘Max’ and ‘‘Moritz’ and they were employed by Rommel and his staff throughout the North African campaign.
Here we see ‘Max’ decorated in German muted stone, grey and slate camouflage, bearing the Balkenkreuz, the straight-armed black/white cross which was the emblem of the Wehrmacht (German Armed Forces) . Its history makes for an interesting addition to a WWII military collection in 1:76 scale.