Branchline 31-998 LMS 10001 BR Black (Early Emblem)
We are delighted to bring you LMS 10001 in BR Black (Early Emblem) livery which makes the ideal partner to our LMS 10000 – announced in Autumn 2020.
Our model of LMS 10001, like its ‘twin’ newly announced LMS 10000, wears its BR Black livery very well, making for a striking and smart locomotive. Fitted with driver and second man figures and featuring interior cab lighting and directional lighting, this model includes ‘Royal Scot’ headboards, in the accessory pack. DCC users can fit a decoder into the 21 Pin socket and the model is ready to accept a speaker for those wishing to add DCC Sound.
- Bachmann Branchline OO Scale
- Era 4
- Highly detailed BR Black Livery with Early Emblem
- Accessory Pack including ‘Royal Scot’ etched name plates
- Interior Cab Lighting
- Directional Lighting
- Fitted with Driver & Second Man figures
- Equipped with a 21 Pin DCC Decoder Socket – recommended Decoder item No. 36-557
- Locomotive Ready to Accept a Speaker
- Length 255mm
LMS 10001 CLASS HISTORY
LMS No. 10000 and No.10001 were the first mainline diesel locomotives built in Great Britain. Built in association with English Electric Company and the London, Midland and Scottish Railway (LMS) at its Derby Works, using an English Electric 1600 hp diesel engine, generator and electrics.
The locomotives operated singly and in multiple on the West Coast Main line and hauled many of the premier named expresses of the day including the Irish Mail, Lakes Express, Manxman, Mancunian, Mid-Day Scot, Coronation Scot, Royal Scot, and Ulster Express, plus outer suburban services from Euston to Watford Junction and Hemel Hempstead.
Under British Railways, the locomotives became British Railways Class D16/1; they were initially operated primarily on mainline express passenger services on former LMS lines, both in single and in multiple. In 1953, they were transferred to the Southern Region for comparison with O. Bulleid's British Rail Class D16/2 diesel locomotives. Both locos were withdrawn and scrapped in the 1960s.